Tuesday, December 23

And now for this week's TWD

Merry almost-Christmas people! Merry Hanukkah as well!

So I had forgotten this week's TWD was butterscotch pudding until like...today. Pudding scares me, especially of the homemade kind. I tried to make it one time and probably stirred and stirred for about 30 minutes trying to get that b**ch to thicken up but it ended up as vanilla soup anyway. Butterscotch isn't really my jam either, but I know my brother and my dad like it a lot.

I did have a nice little adventure to the ABC store where I'm pretty sure I entertained the two guys behind the counter with my absolute lack of knowledge about whisky/whiskey/scotch. Sorry dudes, I have really only branched out to bourbon. I ended up with airplane bottles of Dewars, which I at least recognized the name of because we have it at work as well.

(Apologies for lack of pictures - I have been wrapping presents so haven't had time to get them off my camera yet. I'll edit with them as soon as I can.)

Rather than use and rinse out my food processor 18 times for the recipe, I just sifted the salt and corn starch together and then put in the egg yolks and sugar. Pouring the hot milk mixture in was a daunting task also - this is not a big FP with a big chute to pour things into that I'm working with; it has a tiny little gap. So that made a big mess, but I managed not to scramble my eggs. Then, when I added it back into the pot, after the two minutes it MIRACULOUSLY thickened! I honestly wasn't expecting it to be that easy! I snuck a couple bites of pudding before pudding (aren't I funny) them into the fridge and I was happy with the flavor. Most butterscotch flavors I find way way too sweet and cloying, so I think there's a good chance of me making this again. Good choice Donna! (of Spatulas, Corkscrews & Suitcases) Stop by the TWD blogroll to see what everyone else ended up with!

4 comments:

Jules Someone said...

Glad you enjoyed it. I didn't bother with the food processor either.

Jacque said...

I agree, this one is worth making again. It was YUMMY!

juju73 said...

Glad you had success with this!

Happy New Year!

intelligence said...

Although we have differences in culture, but do not want is that this view is the same and I like that!
age of conan power leveling